Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Replay, replay, replay...

I love music. One of my favourite songs is bittersweet. I listened to it a lot for one line when a boyfriend and I were planning a wedding, Someday I'm gonna make you my wife...I used to get goose bumps (would you like-a to feel mah goose-a bumps LOL) just thinking about being his wife.

Well...all's well that end's well. :P We're not getting married, I'm not going to be his wife, but I still enjoy the song. One part of the song stands out at me right now.

Shawty's like a melody in my head
That I can't keep out, got me singin' like
Na, na, na, na everyday
It's like my iPod's stuck on replay, replay

Though the circumstances may be different it seems that we're living the same situations over and over again. Our iPod of life is definitely stuck on replay. :P

Weeks ago I was living in fear (and sin) because of my life circumstances and I could not drag myself out of my own dispair. The L-rd showed me a way out and it was only then I was able to breathe right again. I should have just realised that He was going to show me a way out to begin with and saved myself all the stress.

During this trial my 11 year old son kept patting my head and telling me that everything was going to be okay, G-d wasn't going to make us live in a box, and if He did it was be a nice box. :) . His faith and his strength got me through this trial and I thank G-d for him everyday. He's a good kid. :D

Now this same child is going through a trial that isn't a big one, but to his 11 year old heart it is. He cries himself to sleep, he worries with the deep concentration of an 80 year old man, and one can almost hear his heart breaking.

Ecclesiastes 1: 8-10 tells us, All things are wearisome, more than one can say. The eye never has enough of seeing, nor the ear its fill of hearing. What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, “Look! This is something new”? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time.

Someone else has been through the exact same trials as Jordan. Someone else has felt the same pain he's dealing with. Someone else has gotten through this trial and whether it was with His guidance or not I don't know. But he got through it. Jordan is luckier than some people. He has the promise that through Yeshua he can get through all things. And he has the promise that G-d will never leave him nor forsake him. And he has the assurance that no matter what happens in his 11 year old life, G-d is in control and He will not fail him. How lucky is Jordan!?

I just wish Jordan would focus on this more than the trial he's going through. He has no clue how easy things are going for him now and if he could just focus on that... Guess I should save that advice for myself, huh? :P Well, Jordan, with G-d's guidance got me through my trials so I, with G-d's guidance, am going to get Jordan through his. What kind of mommy would I be if I didn't? :)

My final words are for Jordan only and somday he'll see this and know exactly what I'm talking about and realise how amazing G-d truly is. :)

I love...dew.

No comments:

Post a Comment