Sunday, February 13, 2011

Think OUTSIDE the box!

I learned tonight why I have such a hard time reading the gospels.

I am a linear thinker and can't think outside the box. How does Yeshua preach? In parables! Yikes! I can't think that way. All I can do is see His words and take them literally.

I was sitting in life group tonight and listening to everyone give examples to the parables and each time someone said something I was like, "ooooohhhhhh...THAT'S what that meant."

Yes...my IQ dropped a few points tonight. *rolling my eyes*

I hear frequently that I need to think outside the box more and this is one wonderful example as to why.

This could also be why Jordan has such a grasp on scripture because he can take what he reads and hears and apply it accordingly.

Lucky. :P

So do you have something hindering your ability to read and understand scripture? What do you do about it? What do you plan to do about it?

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment